Elii's Reflection

These pieces of writing reflect my life, my philosophy, and my thought processes- no mirror involved.

Name:
Location: Flagstaff, AZ

This is 2nd year of my career as a teacher. I enjoy that I teach all subjects to a 7th and 8th grade class. As a result everyone is teaching and everyone is learning- hey, I think that makes our room a learning community!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Phwew!! I'm at one of those places in life where I cannot believe I did something tough! Considering what all I pulled through earlier in the year, I gotta say, I'm really thinking I'm a bit goofy for feeling this way, but then goofy and good are ways to feel that both start with 'g'.
Anyway, I've got a Science and Social Studies Instruction class. We were assigned the task of putting together a WebQuest lesson that combines science and social studies. And sooooo, being who I am, I combined Science, Math, Art and Architecture by having kids learn about Ancient Roman and Greek Civilizations. I had them learn about the development of mathematical theorems and engineering inventions and then look at Greek temples, Roman aqueducts, and sculpted columns then look for connections to science and math. If you want to take a look the site address is...
http://webquest.org/questgarden/lessons/42185-061204074716
Anyway, I been at it for days. Off to bed with me. The rest of the week is really not looking like a relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home